If you have a hearing loss, active hearing strategies can greatly enhance how you communicate in a range of environments. Whether or not you are helped by hearing technology, you can still make communication more effective and enjoyable by employing the following hearing tactics.
Communication tactics for better hearing
- Position, position, position
- Pay attention to visual cues
- Master the power of the pause
- Ask specific questions
- Be honest and assertive
- Tune into the topic
- Use assistive listening devices
- Learn more about assistive listening devices.
- Plan for public listening environments
- Keep it realistic
- Learn to laugh at yourself
- Write it down and repeat it back
- Speak and stand how you want others to
- Stay informed and do your homework
The information on this website is for educational purposes, and is not intended to replace medical advice. Please consult a hearing healthcare professional to diagnose or treat a hearing or health problem.